Happy Thanksgiving, chickadees! Or should I say turkeys? Coming at you live while my brother and dad watch sports (ew) and the food is cooking! Here are ten Thanksgiving things for you babes. Hope everyone goes to bed with a full belly tonight!
1. Who saw the girl-on-girl prom kiss from the Macy’s Parade? I love how these traditions are becoming more inclusive and progressive. YAY!
2. These mini bamboo serving trays. They’re so freaking small and cute and yes I already bought them for next year’s Thanksgiving.
3. I think I missed a career in food photography because I’m considering framing one of these photos. Check out the mouth watering recipes + images of 8 SPECTACULAR PIES!
4. Really loving these customizable banners from Etsy. So cute and festive!
5. There’s a bit of Thanksgiving history you probably didn’t learn in school, but should definitely learn now. I love Thanksgiving today because it brings families together and the food is BOMB, but the actual dark history of Thanksgiving is often forgotten. This journalist helps to explain with he help of the Addams Family. Click HERE to read.
6. 19 Thanksgiving tweets that will make you LOL. I relate to #1 on a spiritual level.
7. This fill-in-the-blank book is the perfect way to show someone you love that you’re grateful for them. I got one of these books from my best friends during my first Thanksgiving away from home. Cue the waterworks, followed by infinite warm + fuzzies.
Okay, I could keep posting pie recipes and tweets, but I’m going to take the last three spots on this list to give some THANKS.
8. First of all, thank you to every single one of you reading this, following me on Instagram and supporting my little corner of the internet. After seeing how many of you reached out to help during the wildfires, I’m 100% convinced that I have a bunch of angels following me. And I feel so so lucky for that. I love you guys.
P.S. Everyone who turns on my IG post notifications is getting a little thank you gift from me! Check out my IG story for details.
9. I’m feeling EXTRA thankful this year for the health and happiness of everyone I love in this world. It seems like each year there is more disaster, sadness and violence in the world. Which is why each year I feel more grateful for every single happy moment. I have warm place to sleep, a plate full of food and people that love me. That’s more than so many people can say. I feel blessed, privileged and downright LUCKY. Thanking my lucky stars today and always.
10. Give thanks and then give back. Here are a few incredibly deserving places to make donations today!
These two little ones lost their mamma, their only parent, to domestic violence. Donate HERE.
There are over 500 people still missing from the devastating Camp Fire. Donate HERE.
Give back to the victims of the Tree of Life Synagogue shooting HERE.
Help STOP the hunting of grizzly bears with this super rad grassroots movement. Click HERE.